So the blog has been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely theworldofntina!
This is a bit of a departure from the usual science news…
First off, a big thank you to Ntina- it’s an honour, and a relief to know people are actually following the blog! As is required by the nomination, I include a picture of the award below:
The rules for this award are:
1. Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
2. Include the Liebster award sticker in the post.
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers who you think are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts.
4. Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you.
5. Think of ten questions you would like your nominees to answer.
6. Lastly, copy these rules in the post.
Being a baby blogger, I don’t read so many blogs yet, but here are a few nominations!
Now for the Q&A!
1. If You Could Have One Superpower, What Would it Be?
Flight. That would be so cool 🙂 Apparently women always choose invisibility, but that seems too focussed on other people (or hiding from them) for me.
2. Are you a Night’s or a Day’s Person?
Most definitely a night person. Waking up in the morning is too hard, and staying up late is too fun!
3. Who’s your Favourite Author?
Right now I am reading Maya Angelou’s I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, and it’s fantastic. I also love her poetry, so yeah, Angelou. But it changes all the time- if you asked me next week it might be different again. I am really into biographies, or true accounts right now.
4. What is your Favourite Kind of Car?
VW Beetle. Great name, cool shape… and of course, Herbie!
5. What is the one, single food that you would never give up?
Cheese. It’s just the best- who would have thought gone-off milk would make such a delicacy?
6. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
Conference call with my two best friends.
7. What scares you the most and why?
Being a disappointment to people who expect me to succeed.
8. When was the last time you lied and to whom and why?
Hmm… Good question, I’m not sure. It was probably to a friend about being busy (sometimes I just need to have an evening alone to recharge), or to my roommate about his cleanliness- I don’t want to hurt his feelings, but he could live in a landfill quite comfortably.
9. If you could do anything OR wish for anything that would come true, what would you wish?
That everyone in my family would be happy and successful for the rest of their lives.
10. If you had only 24 hours to live, what would you do?
Spend it with my family.
- What country do you want to visit?
- Who is your favourite scientist?
- If you could have invented one thing, what would it be?
- What inspires you to write?
- What did you want to be when you were 10 years old?
- What is your favourite book?
- What song makes you happy, no matter what?
- If you had access to time-travel, would you ever go back and try to change something in your life?
- What is the most important thing anyone has ever said to you?
- Why do you blog?
Thanks for joining me on this personal tangent from the usual, it’s been fun!